Thursday, March 14, 2013

Homework: Improper fractions and Mixed Numbers

Dear Parents and Students of 3B,
In an attempt to increase the understanding of difficult math concepts, I am trying something new.  Please have your children watch this Khan Academy video, which teaches the concepts of converting improper fractions and mixed numbers.  The children should feel free to pause the video, rewind it or watch it as many times as needed to increase their comprehension of this concept.  Following the video, they should complete the fraction worksheet sent home.  Thank you and I'd appreciate any comments about how this worked for your child.  I have turned the comment section on below if you'd like to add any helpful comments or questions.




4 comments:

  1. Hello 3B! Can you tell me how the Khan Academy video helped you with your homework tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The video was a great help because I would have forgotten how to turn an improper fraction to a mixed number when I got home. Watching the video reminded me what Mrs. Ohrn said today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The video was a great help because I would have forgotten how to turn an improper fraction into a mixed number by the time I got home. Watching the video reminded me what Mrs. Ohrn said today. By Ben.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was so helpful tonight. Scott really appreciated the refresher, and it was nice to see how to teach this so that he would understand.
    Thank you so much !
    It made math homework a lot easier here :)
    Lynne Harwood

    ReplyDelete